Guide to Create your Website for Free
Hello in this guide i will show you how to create your own website for free step by step.
Requirements: (A resume of what we will do)
1. You need a domain name which will be (YourWebsiteName) .ml or .tk or .ga or .cf or .gq , these domain names are free to purchase, if you want a .com website you need to pay $10 per year to get it.
2. You need a hosting Service where to put the files of your website.
3. You need to link Your domain name with your hosting service.
4. You need a Website Script(WordPress) and Template(theme) and a Software to upload your website later i recommend you FileZilla Client we will download theses files later.
Thats all what we need to build your website and make it operational.
Let’s start then.
1. How to get your domain Name:
First of all:
- Go to Freenom Registrar Choose your domain name and signup with them.
- Make sure to select 12 months subscription to renew it for free each 12 months.
- When you are invited to choose the options of your domain name let them by default we will change them later in the member area of Freenom,
- Logout from Freenom we will comeback later to it, make sure to remember your login details you made in the signup to comeback later.
2. How to get your Hosting:
- Go to Hostinger free hosting provider(it is the best free hosting they give you 2GB space for your site and 100GB/month Bandwidth.
- Signup with that free hosting then Login.
- Go to the Hosting tab in the top of the page then select +New account
- Select the Free Package then fill the form make sure to select (Domain) not (Subdomain) to put the domain you have purchased in Freenom in the step 1.
- Make sure to remember the password you put in that form, you will use it later.
- Now Refresh the page and you will see your created hosting account in the Hosting tab , click on it then go to Manage submenu it will lead you to your Controlpannel, clic on the details in that Controlpannel you will see the informations that we will need to put in the next step.
3. How to link Your domain name with your hosting service:
First of all:
- Go to the details page that you find in the Control Pannel of your Hosting that you have created in the Step 2, we will need theses information.
- Go to Freenom login to your account then when you are in your Client area go to Domains Tab and Click on My Domains
- You will see the domain that you have created in the Step 1 in the list then Click on Manage domain.
- When it is done go to the Small Tab Management tools the menu will scroll a small list of submenu then click one the Nameservers submenu.
- Now you are in the Nameservers page select Use custom nameservers (enter below)
- You will fill the first 4 blank fields with the nameservers informations present in the details page of your hosting.
- Normally they are: ns1.hostinger.co.uk , ns2.hostinger.co.uk , ns3.hostinger.co.uk , ns4.hostinger.co.uk put them in the Freenom Nameservers page then Save the changes you have made with the Button below.
- Now you have to wait 1 hour till 24 hours sometimes to make changes effective (Propagation over the web)
- When you will enter the web address of your website and it shows you that Your account has been created! it means that your site is ready and online , but if it shows NOTHING it means that your site has not yet propagated and you have to wait.
Now we have finished making online your website , now we have to put content in it this is why we need a script and a template(theme) , a script is a web edition software like microsoft word but used online instead of being used in your computer. We need to install that script in your website to start your creations/articles/ideas/pictures/videos with that script. We will use a very popular script Called WordPress, it is a very powerful script and very complete in matter of options and functions.
4. Where to get WordPress Script and how to install it:
First of all:
- Go to WordPress Official Website and download the wordpress script ZIP file.
- Unzip it in a folder
- Go to FileZilla Client and download this upload software then install it in your computer.
- In the Filezilla software we need 4 informations to connect to the disck space allowed to you in your hosting.
- We will go back to the hosting to get the informations we need, we will find it in the details page that you have opened in the Hostinger service.(You need to login to hostinger to get theses informations)
- When you have reached the Details page of your hosting account in the Control Pannel scroll down and you will find File Upload Details
- Go back to FileZilla software and put the informations writtin in the details page in the connection field of the FileZilla software (Note that the password is the one you have put when you created in the step 2 i have put it in BOLD characters to see where above)
- When you have connected to your hosting website disc space you will see 2 files delete default.php file as it is the temporary page you have seen when you visited your website in the step 3. (Note that filezilla have 2 file navigation windows the first to browse the files in your computer the second window is to browse the files in your website disk space.
- Go to the Unziped files folder and put the files of that folder in the Website disc space , just grab the files or copy them then past them, the process will last 15 minutes and sometimes it will ask you to rewrite a file when the connection is bad always say yes.(Make sure that you have put the Files not the whole WordPress folder in the disk space because index.php File and the other files do not have to be in a folder but they have to be uploaded in the Base of the disc space , if you have uploaded the whole folder containing these files the website will not work and you have to delete then and upload again.)
- When the site files are completely uploaded we have to do one more step in the Hosting website “Hostinger”
- Go to Hostinger website and login and select Hosting tab then select your website and click on it then click on manage.
- You are again in your Control pannel, Scroll down and go to MySQL Databases.
- When you are inside it you have to create a database and username, the name of the database and username has been set already , you have to put only then end of the name.
- Put “1” for database name and put “2” in the database username, And put a password that you will remember because we will use it later, then click create, let the page open you will need the informations inside it.
- Go to your website address you will see an installation assistant that will help you to install the wordpress script, follow that assistant choose the language of the site, and when you will reach the page where you have to put database informations go to the page you have let open and copy and past the database, the username and pasword you have chosen in the step before and the MySQL Host, all these informations are in that page , you will get a field that you have not touched let it as it is then finish the installation.
- In the last page of installation it will ask you to choose the title of the site and the administrator username and password you want to access in your wordpress administration area, put all those info and finish the installation.
- It will redirect you to your administrator login area : http://xxxxxx.xx/wp-login.php replace the “x” letters with your website name to access in this URL to your Administrator area.
From the administrator area you can change template in the list of templates existing in the world database of wordpress, you can also download the ZIP file of a good template in the web and put that zip file in the administration area to change template from a file in computer (zip file) , you can create pages and publish posts , install plugins and widgets in that admin area, and customize your website as you like. Some widgets present in the big wordpress database are very useful then do not hesitate to use them. Some of them will help you to monetize your webite by giving you the possibility to insert the Advertising platforms Code in your pages and become a source of income.
If you have liked that tutorial do not hesitate to share it and if you have any question just comment below the article and i will respond as soon as possible.