What Is eToro Social Trading?
Social trading is the newest, most exciting and most rewarding way for you to get access to the financial markets. By linking traders from all over the world into one big network, social trading empowers traders to use each other’s skills to trade smarter together, and that collective wisdom can take your trading to a level you never thought possible before. As the world’s largest online financial trading community, nobody can offer your trading more of a social boost than eToro. And since we’re convinced that social trading is the way to the future of financial investment, we are constantly developing new tools to harness the unlimited possibilities of trading as a community. With such ground breaking features as CopyTrader, InvestorFinder, and much more to come, we are making it easier than ever for you to monetize not just your own potential, but that of your fellow traders!
So how does social trading work?
eToro’s social investment network works on several levels, enabling you to utilize social trading as it suits you. Whatever your financial investment goals or style, social trading is sure to enrich your trading experience.
The most basic function of the social investment network is to bring you live feeds of trading activity. That means that you’re exposed to what you’re fellow traders are doing in the financial market at any given time. How does that benefit you? Information is power, and staying informed about what other traders are doing gives you valuable insight into market trends, innovative strategies and trading ideas.
Naturally, you would probably be more interested in looking at certain traders’ market activity more than others’. You can do so by choosing to “Follow” the traders that you find more interesting. You can also get more information on each trader and even get in touch with them in person through their personal profiles. If you’re not sure which traders you want to follow, use the rankings or the “Investor Finder” to search the network according to your preferences.
The most direct way to benefit from social trading is to copy. If you spot a particularly promising investor in your live feed, in our investor rankings, or using our People Discovery tool, you can decide to allot a certain percentage of your funds to copying this investor. All you have to do is click on “Copy” and choose your investment amount to start copying their trades automatically. In fact you can even dedicate your entire account to copying other successful investors using the CopyTrader function, building what we call a “people-based” portfolio! The best part of CopyTrader is that you retain full control of your funds – you can pause or resume your copy activity, set a Copy Stop Loss, or simply close your copy relationship altogether whenever you see fit.
Past performance is not an indication of future results
What can social trading do for me?
However experienced you are as a trader, and however you like to interact with others, our social trading community is rich with benefits and opportunities.
- Pick out your Popular Investors – follow their trades, learn from their trading method and copy their trades automatically
- Track the ongoing performance of any trader through a series of simple tools and keep easily informed on everything they’re doing
- Interact with other traders to get useful tips and advice
- Keep your finger on investor sentiment
Experienced Traders (Popular Investor)
- Recruit followers and get recognized for your skill
- See how other hotshots trade, and spot more of the right opportunities as they happen
- Join the Popular Investor program and earn commissions for your copiers
- Contribute guest posts to the eToro Blog to gain even more followers
How do I withdraw money?
Want to withdraw funds from your account? No problem! Please follow these simple steps:
- Enter the Cashier section and click on the “WITHDRAWAL” tab
- Enter the amount to withdraw (in USD)
- Complete the electronic withdrawal form as required
- Click “Submit”
You will be notified via email once the processing of your withdrawal request has been completed.Notes:
- If you later on wish to review your withdrawal request, please go to the “Cashier” section, and click on “HISTORY“
- As long as your withdrawal request is in “Pending” status, you can always cancel it via the “Cashier”, by clicking on “HISTORY” and then clicking the “Reverse” button on the request you wish to cancel.
What documents are required for first time withdrawals?
Withdrawal requests must be accompanied by:
- Clear color copy of your Passport including your written signature
- Clear copy of recent Utility Bill (any bill that is not older than 3 months and comes to your name and address of residence e.g. water bill, electric, gas, telephone etc…) or Bank Statement
- In addition if you have deposited by credit card/s: Clear color copy of both sides of the Credit Cards you have used to fund your trading account (the middle 8 digits from the front and the CVV number from the back can be masked)
Are there any withdrawal fees?
Yes, withdrawal requests are subjected to withdrawal processing fee depending on the requested amount. You will see the actual withdrawal fee in the Cashier after you have submitted the withdrawal amount, at this point you still can abort the request.
|Withdrawal Amount (USD)||Fee (USD)|
|20.00 – 200.00||5.00|
|200.01 – 500.00||10.00|
How long will it take to process my withdrawal request?
Why were my two withdrawal requests combined and where will they be processed?
We reserve the right to combine any withdrawal requests made within 72 hours using the same payment method into one payment. We reserve the right to refund traders via the original payment method used when initially funding the trading account. Withdrawals are processed according to our payment policy and usually are sent to the original mean of payment to cover the deposited amount. We also reserve the right to use an Alternative method to process your withdrawal in case circumstances prevent us from sending to the original mean of payment. For your convenience please provide any alternative withdrawal method (for example bank wire, or any eWallets) Your payment can be sent in more installments to the same or different methods, the installments might show up on your payment statement on different dates or time of the day.
Where can I withdraw my money and what shall I do if I cannot see my funds?
- Payments can be processed to credit cards that has been already used in our system and only up to the deposited amount.
- If the credit card has been cancelled please inform us in advance and provide us with an alternative method of payment
- If you cannot see your funds, please send us a bank statement of the time period of 15 business days from the day of your request.
- We will provide you with an ARN number that will help your bank to locate your funds
- PayPal withdrawals can be seen on your PayPal account in a short time after it has been processed
- If you have not received your funds to your PayPal account please check if your PayPal email was correctly given in the electronic withdrawal form and send us a screenshot of your account for 3 business days following your processed withdrawal (showing your PayPal details)
- If we see that your processed withdrawal was denied by PayPal we will inform you to contact PayPal, resolve the matter and ask for explanation. After this we will try to send your funds again
Skrill (Moneybookers)/Webmoney/Neteller (eWallets)
- Withdrawals can be seen on your Skrill (Moneybookers)/Webmoney/Neteller account in a short time after processing
- If you have not received your funds to your account please check if your payment details were correctly given in the withdrawal form and send us a screenshot of your account for 3 business days following your processed withdrawal showing your eWallet details
- If we see that your withdrawal was denied by your eWallet, we will request you to contact them to resolve the matter and ask for explanation, after this we will try to send your funds again
- We do not process withdrawals to these payment methods
- Withdrawals via Bank transfers take usually 4-7 working days to receive
- Please fill into the Electronic Withdrawal Form your full banking details, including your bank`s name, address, IBAN/SWIFT number, your bank account number, your full name etc.
- If you cannot see your funds following 10 business days your funds has been processed, please send us a bank statement showing a 10 business day time period. We will then provide you with a bank SWIFT document of the transaction that will help your bank to locate the funds.
What deposit methods are available?
For your convenience, we’ve provided various deposit methods at your disposal. Here is a list of the available methods:
- Credit Card
- Neteller / 1-Pay
- Skrill (MoneyBookers)
- GiroPay (available in Germany only)
- Wire Transfer
What are the deposit amount limitations?
A single deposit is subject to the following minimum and maximum amount requirements:
|Credit Card||$50-$200 Depending on user profile||$5,000 *|
|PayPal||$50-$200 Depending on user profile||$5,000|
|Neteller||$50-$200 Depending on user profile||$10,000|
|1-Pay||$50-$200 Depending on user profile||$10,000|
|Skrill (MoneyBookers)||$50-$200 Depending on user profile||$5,000|
|Webmoney||$50-$200 Depending on user profile||$50,000|
|GiroPay||$50-$200 Depending on user profile||$50,000|
COPY Trading Tutorial: